Within days of the line of duty death of a law enforcement officer, firefighter, paramedic, EMT or corrections officer, his or her family receives a $5,000 check from SafetyNet with assurance of further help.
- Assumption of financial obligations (i.e., mortgage payments, automobile payments, credit card debt, loan debt, taxes, insurance, etc.) as funding permits
- Health and dental insurance, if needed
- Elementary and secondary educational assistance grades K–12
- College/vocational tuition assistance to spouse/survivors
- Miscellaneous assistance as approved by board of directors (i.e., home repairs, unusual medical expenses, etc.)
Safety Net provides coverage for first responders in the mid-Missouri counties of Boone, Camden, Callaway, Cole, Miller, and Morgan.